What is On Page Optimization?
On-Page Optimization allows you to perform actions within the website to improve the ranking in the search engines. Simple examples are optimizing Content, URL, Images, etc.
Why is On-Page Optimization Important?
If you want your website to rank at the top of SERP, you must optimize your website. It helps to improve online visibility and gain more traffic.
As per a survey, by doing on-page optimization, one can boost their rank by 10-15% within three months. And, to achieve that, You might want the help of SEO Services.
Let’s explore On Page SEO Optimization Checklist for 2023
First, What is URL Optimization?
URL Optimization is about making the URL appear more meaningful, allowing search crawlers to understand the Content on the page better.
Why is URL Optimization important?
URL optimization is essential because a search engine’s ranking algorithm looks at the URL to determine the page’s information.
Best practices for URL Optimization:
- Keep your URL short & simple
Instead of –
Try using –
- Use hyphens to separate words
Instead of – www.examplesite.com/urloptimization-/
Try using – www.examplesite.com/url-optimization/
- Good to have keywords in the URL
For Instance – www.examplesite.com/url-optimization/
Meta Tags Optimization
What is a meta tag?
Meta tags help search engines understand the nature and contents in much the same way that a newspaper headline helps readers understand what an article is about.
Why is Meta Tag important?
Meta descriptions are critical for improving your organic search rankings and increasing click-through rates.
Main Meta tag types
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- Heading Tags
- Canonical Tag
- Robots Meta Tags
- Open Graph Meta Tags and Twitter Cards
Meta Tag Optimization – Best Practices
Meta Title Optimization
- It’s all about making sure you include the focus keywords in your title and make them stand out.
- Meta titles should closely match the user intent behind their search objective.
- Make the titles unique
Meta Description Optimization
- Include focus keywords in your meta description to clarify what this page is about.
- Be sure that your meta description matches the user intent behind their search.
- Make the description look unique.
H 1 Tag Optimization
What is H1 Tag?
H1 tag is the main heading on the webpage. It tells users and search engine crawlers what the page is about.
Why is the H1 tag so important?
The H1 tag is one of the essential elements of your Content. As a title, it tells users what to expect in the body content and gives them an idea if they want to read it or not.
H1 Tag Optimization – Best Practices
- H1 tag should be used only once on a webpage.
- As H1 tags play a vital role in Content, must focus on the keywords used.
- Keep the H1 tags short and crisp. Do not try to stuff the heading with more keywords.
What is content optimization?
Content optimization is the process of ensuring the written Content reaches the largest audience possible. It is intended to improve consumer experiences with a website or app. As a result, it improves SEO and increases brand awareness.
Below are some reasons why we need content optimization:
- Improve visibility of your website in search engines
- Improve search engine rankings
- Generate leads
How to optimize the Content?
Content is the king of any website. If you want to drive traffic to your website, you must create high-quality content that matches the user’s intent. Besides creating quality content, optimizing it for search engines would be best. How to Optimize your Content?
- Use Synonyms and LSI Keywords
- Make good use of keywords but avoid stuffing
- Get inspired but don’t copy
- Make it readable
- Use subheads and bullets
- Make it shareable
What is Image Optimization and its importance?
There are many ways to optimize images on your website, but they all have a common goal: making your site load faster.
Image optimization is the process of reducing image size while maintaining visual quality. It leads to faster page loads and often a better user experience. A fast-loading web page is a good user experience for e-commerce and conversions. It also boosts the website’s SEO ranking in search engines.
Techniques for image optimization?
The following tips can help you create image files that are smaller in size, improve page load speed and offer a better user experience.
Image File Format
Choosing the correct image file format (JPEG vs PNG vs GIF)
Image size should be less than 100 KB. Image size should be checked before uploading them to the website.
Include alt tags for all images on your website. The alt tag is the written copy that appears in place of an image on a webpage if the image fails to load on a user’s screen. This text helps screen-reading tools describe images to visually impaired readers and allows search engines to crawl better and rank your website.
Internal Linking Optimization
What is an internal link?
Internal links are links from one page to another within the same domain. They’re commonly used in main navigation menus, blog posts or article bodies, sidebars, and footers.
Why are internal links important?
Internal linking, or interlinking, allows you to connect your blog posts and pages to help search engines see the structure of your site, understand how all the Content relates, and find new Content faster.
Doing so also helps readers navigate your site and get more content that interests them.
How to do internal link optimization?
Use links that are natural for the reader. Don’t just add links because you need more internal links – add them because you want the visitor to know more about this topic or be taken to another page with more details.
- Link to the relevant pages. Ensure that you’re not linking from a page about web design to a page about SEO – unless there’s a specific reason you think these two topics would be interesting for the same person to read about.
- Avoid too many internal linking. If you have too many internal links on a page, it can look like spam – mainly if they all use exact match anchor text! Try to vary your anchor text so that it doesn’t look like you’re.
- Avoid using the exact anchor text for different pages.
The above checklist gives you an idea of On-page optimization techniques which will help you build a better website. SEO is not a one day or one month process to show the results on the first page. It takes time for the google algorithm to crawl to your website and display the relevant pages.
Still need more help, then you can contact Ahbiv for more information as we are always happy to guide you in the correct direction.